Book a Librarian
Our Book a Librarian service allows you to spend up to an hour with a professional librarian or IT staff member who can offer assistance tailored to your needs.
- This service is available to DGPL cardholders.
- Book a Librarian requires 48-hour advance notice.
- Requests for specific times are dependent on staff availability.
Book a Research or Readers’ Advisory Librarian
Have questions? We can answer them! Are you doing in-depth research on a topic but don’t know where to begin? Are you trying to find information on a particular illness or business? Would you like to learn how to use one of the library’s online sources? Or maybe you are looking for suggestions of books to read that are similar to your favorite authors—or different! Perhaps you are looking for an engaging biography or a fast-paced thriller?
- To set up a convenient time to meet with a librarian who will work exclusively with you, email the Ask Us Desk or call 630-960-1200.
Book a Tech
Do you have a computer project you need help with? Are you trying to use PowerPoint to create a slide show for a family reunion? Do you need to upload your résumé to a job site?
- To set up a convenient time to meet with an IT staff member who will work exclusively with you, email IT or call (630) 960-1200 ext. 305.
Please note: Staff cannot help patrons set up their home computer or laptop. Computer classes are also available for DGPL cardholders.