What is RFID?
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a method of data sorting.
- Individual items are affixed with a special tag.
- The tags help track materials, enable self checkout, and expedite the check-in process.
What does RFID mean for you?
- Unlike bar codes, multiple RFID tags can be read at once, making the checkout process quick and easy.
- By spring 2013, you will be able to check out on your own or be checked out by a staff member.
- Staff will spend more time assisting customers and less time performing repetitive workroom tasks.
- Waiting lines for checkout will disappear.
- Returned items will arrive on the shelves in hours, not days.
Project Status - Complete!
Come enjoy the fruits of all the RFID labor and try the new Self-Checkout machines located in the First Floor Lobby, the Junior Room, and on the Second Floor!
Circulation staff members are available to answer all questions, and to handle all transactions as usual.